TIPS provides a safe sanctuary for students seeking emotional support and guidance to manage challenges they may encounter in their student life, especially as adolescents.
Students are referred by their respective teachers, grade leads and coordinators to our trained counsellors. The students are encouraged to speak freely to ease any ongoing turmoil in their minds. Sometimes, challenges arise from changes which are unexpected and beyond their control. These may lead to stress, anger, anxiety, frustration, despair, fear, panic and loneliness. Our counsellors help with:
- Adjusting to new roles in a new environment.
- Challenges in family due to relocation , chronic illness, death, divorce and financial issues.
- Loss of friends, family member or self confidence.
- Sudden changes in mood, sleep patterns and appetite.
- Bullying and abuse.
- Drastic drop in academic performance.
- Learning needs and challenges
We give children the reassurance that we care and they don’t have to suffer alone. We may not be able to change the situation, but by providing a new perspective and greater understanding we can change attitude and response for the better. We maintain and observe confidentiality wherever necessary.